April 5, 2013 2:45 pm
For the last two years, professional soccer has been on the verge of extinction in Minnesota. However, last November Minnesota executive Bill McGuire stepped up and bought the struggling team. It has been re-invented as the Minnesota United FC (Football Club). This season the team will play its first five games at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. The season kicks off this Saturday, so if you have kids in soccer or love the sport be sure to check out their website for tickets and dates!
March 25, 2013 7:28 am
Okay, we not be the handiest of people, but when we saw this project on Apartment Therapy it made us want to break out the toolbox.
For relatively little money, you can create an outdoor wine bar and have a great entertainment space right on your patio! Check out the instructions here!
March 1, 2013 4:13 pm
It is that time of year! Minneapolis Restaurant Week is finally here and it is great time to explore the foodie scene for a very reasonable price. Not only are their dining options downtown in both cities, but also some great places in the suburbs.
Be sure to check out all the restaurants and their menus at the MPLS St.Paul website and grab your forks!
January 8, 2013 5:50 pm
Have you ever moved into a new apartment and had a disappointing first shower…and second…and third? It is very important to test out the water pressure of any apartment you are thinking about renting.
Two sure fire ways to check the pressure?
1. Flush the toilet
2. Run the water in the bathroom sink
These two simple acts will let you know that you won’t look like a character in Seinfeld!
November 26, 2012 4:34 pm
As a native of the Twin Cities, you always know that Black Friday begins the winter fun season in Downtown Minneapolis! Yes, it is Holidazzle parade time again.
If you are new to the area, the Holidazzle parade is worth making the trip to check out. It helps to be prepared though!
For a successful parade we have a few tips for you:
- Dress warmly and in layers. If you think you have too many layers…add one more. For the uninitiated, Minneapolis is very cold at night and to keep warm for up to an hour, you are going to need some serious winter gear.
- Make a dinner reservation. If you are planning to eat before or after the parade, it helps to have a reservation at one of the many restaurants on Nicollet Mall. Since the parade is prime time in downtown, not having a reservations may mean not getting a table at your first choice. Of course there are always hot dog stands on the street, but you may want to warm up!
- Pick your parking ramp in advance. Downtown Minneapolis has many free parking incentives if you are planning to shop at one of the big department stores. However, some stores only validate in some ramps, so be sure to check out where you want to park before you go to the parade.
- Visit the Holidazzle website for all the details on when/where to get the best views!
November 16, 2012 5:03 pm
This weekend, the Soap Factory is hosting the Craft’za! Is it wrong to look forward to something this much?
It IS a really great opportunity to check out all the cool stuff and get a head start on your holiday shopping (and decorating). If the shopping isn’t enough, you can also have one of the best hot dogs in town from NateDogs! It really is fun for the whole family.
Hope to see you there!
November 7, 2012 7:32 pm
It is hard to move to a new city and figure out all you need to know in a short period of time. Minneapolis and St. Paul have a lot of resources for newbies, but the one we have found most helpful is WelcomeTwinCities – it has everything from transportation, where to walk your dog and healthcare!
Of course, we are always happy to help you make your transition in living a success! Let us know how we can help.