June 6, 2017 5:53 am
With the temperature going up again in Minneapolis, we have a few tips from our friends at Apartment Therapy to help you keep the heat at bay!
- Keep the curtains or the shutters closed: Keeping the sun from streaming directly in helps keep your place a little cooler.
- Hang a wet sheet in front of the window: when the air passes through the damp cloth, the moisture cools it off.
- In the same vein, try a bowl of ice in front of a fan: Let the cool air blow over you.
- Turn your fan around to face out: And blow the hot air out of the house. If you have a ceiling fan, turn it so it spins in the opposite direction and blows the hot air up and out.
- Arm yourself with a spray bottle filled with chilled water: Douse yourself liberally. As the water evaporates, it cools you down. You can also try plunging your hands into a bowl of ice water.
For more tips, visit Apartment Therapy!